Throughout the month of October you’re invited participate in at least one in series of Educators for Ohio phone banks, typically from 5-7 p.m., every Tuesday and Thursday evening at the following locations:
- OEA Headquarters — 225 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215
- OEA Zanesville Office — 223 Main Street, Zanesville, OH 43701
- OEA Monroe Office — 30 Overbrook Dr., Monroe, OH 45050
- OEA Troy Office* — 180 S. Stanfield Rd, Troy, OH 45373
- OEA Middleburg Hts. Office — 7530 Lucerne Dr., Ste 100, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
Thanks to technology, volunteers may also phone bank from the convenience of home. The virtual phone bank tool is available from 3:30-8:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; and, Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. The OEA Phone-at-Home tool is entirely web-based and accessible from your personal computer or mobile device. In addition, no special software is required nor is your private information shared with others.
Canvassing will be critical to success on Election Day. It’s an opportunity to engage and share how critical this election is. Through a special mobile app, volunteers are provided specialized routes, names, and campaign talking points.
We’re just weeks before Election Day, November 6th, and it’s now all hands on deck. Local associations, leadership councils, and districts are encouraged to adopt a phone bank or Neighbor-to-Neighbor campaign.
For additional information about either program, contact OEA Government Relations at, OEACampaign2018@ohea.org.