Office of OEA Secretary-Treasurer
225 E. Broad Street | P.O. Box 2550
Columbus, OH 43216
614-228-4526 (main) | 614-224-5707 (fax)
email@example.com | 1-844-632-4636
(The contact center hours are Monday through Friday during normal OEA business hours.)
About Mark Hill
Mark Hill, elected in spring 2018, is serving his first three-year term as OEA Secretary-Treasurer. He is a 30-year educator with Worthington City Schools, serving as a middle school math teacher.
From 2010-2018, he served as president of the Worthington Education Association (WEA).
In his freshman year as WEA president, he led his local in joining the successful repeal of Senate Bill 5 (SB5), an attack to collective bargaining.
It was during this period he was twice-elected to the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) board. Again, he demonstrated strong leadership in his roles as vice chair and chair respectively.
Along with the board, he worked to bring long-term sustainability to the pension fund. His second 4-year term with STRS concluded August 31. 2018.
Mark has also served as a member of the OEA Board of Directors and as chair of numerous Central OEA/NEA committees as well as chair of the OEA Resolutions Committee.
Mark believes it is critical that OEA supports its local associations and their leaders because they shape members’ impressions of the value of membership. In these dynamic times, Mark’s experienced leadership will be vital as he directs OEA’s budget priorities toward an even stronger association.
Page Updated: June 18, 2021
Local Treasurer Resources
The OEA Treasurer’s Handbook has been specifically designed to provide local treasurers a resource guide to assist in performing their assigned duties and operate within the Ohio Education Association business environment.
The workshops are designed for new Local Treasurers as well as experienced treasurers who want a refresher. Other local officers are also welcome to attend. OEA Treasurer Mark Hill will facilitate the workshops. NOTE: Attendance at an OEA sanctioned Treasurer’s Workshop is a requirement for the OEA Fiscal Fitness Award.
Click here to download the statewide schedule (.pdf file)
- Bank Reconciliation Form
- Budget Detail Worksheet
- Local Financial Statement Form
- Local Treasurer Payables Form
- Local Treasurer Petty Cash Vouchers
- Exhibit A & B — Budget Worksheet
- 2019-2020 Member Resource Guide
- 2021-2022 Membership Update Form
- Sample Expense Voucher
- 2021-2022 Declaration of Candidacy (OEA Statewide and Electoral Unit Board of Directors)
For more information on the NEA Representative Assembly, visit this page
National Education Association
- Jul 2-3, 2020
- Due to the public health crisis, the RA will now be held virtually, please visit https://ra.nea.org for further information
Declarations of Candidacy
- State At-Large Declaration of Candidacy Form
- Cluster Delegate Declaration of Candidacy Form
- Student Delegate Declaration of Candidacy Form
- NEA-Retired Declaration of Candidacy Form
- 2020 State At-Large Delegate Declaration of Candidacy Form