About Mark Hill
Mark Hill, elected in spring 2018, is serving his first three-year term as OEA Secretary-Treasurer. He is a 30-year educator with Worthington City Schools, serving as a middle school math teacher.
From 2010-2018, he served as president of the Worthington Education Association (WEA).
In his freshman year as WEA president, he led his local in joining the successful repeal of Senate Bill 5 (SB5), an attack to collective bargaining.
It was during this period he was twice-elected to the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) board. Again, he demonstrated strong leadership in his roles as vice chair and chair respectively.
Along with the board, he worked to bring long-term sustainability to the pension fund. His second 4-year term with STRS concluded August 31. 2018.
Mark has also served as a member of the OEA Board of Directors and as chair of numerous Central OEA/NEA committees as well as chair of the OEA Resolutions Committee.
Mark believes it is critical that OEA supports its local associations and their leaders because they shape members’ impressions of the value of membership. In these dynamic times, Mark’s experienced leadership will be vital as he directs OEA’s budget priorities toward an even stronger association.
Page Updated: September 25, 2019
Office of OEA Secretary-Treasurer
225 E. Broad Street | P.O. Box 2550
Columbus, OH 43216
614-228-4526 (main) | 614-224-5707 (fax)
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-844-632-4636
(The contact center hours are Monday through Friday during normal OEA business hours.)
Local Treasurer Resources
The OEA Treasurer’s Handbook has been specifically designed to provide local treasurers a resource guide to assist in performing their assigned duties and operate within the Ohio Education Association business environment.
- Bank Reconciliation Form
- Budget Detail Worksheet
- Local Financial Statement Form
- Local Treasurer Payables Form
- Local Treasurer Petty Cash Vouchers
- Exhibit A & B — Budget Worksheet
- 2019-2020 Member Resource Guide
- 2019 -2020 Membership Update Form
- Sample Expense Voucher
- 2019-2020 Declaration of Candidacy (OEA Statewide and Electoral Unit Board of Directors)
For more information on the NEA Representative Assembly, visit this page
National Education Association
- Jul 2, 2020 at 2 PM – Jul 6, 2020 at 2 PM
- Location: Georgia World Congress Center, 285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
- Google maps link
Declarations of Candidacy
- State At-Large Declaration of Candidacy Form
- Cluster Delegate Declaration of Candidacy Form
- Student Delegate Declaration of Candidacy Form
- NEA-Retired Declaration of Candidacy Form
- 2020 State At-Large Delegate Declaration of Candidacy Form