About the Foundation
The work of the Ohio Educational Foundation is to fund initiatives that enhance student learning, student achievement, and well being, as well as promote social justice. Its Board of Directors is pleased to introduce four funding opportunities available to all OEA members. Follow the links below for additional information and the online application forms.
To support causes related to advancing and supporting education professionals and public-school students in Ohio.
Save the Date
Fundraising Gala May 10, 2019, at the Marriott Columbus, 3100 Olentangy River Road. Additional details forthcoming.
Foundation Board of Directors
- Cassandra Daniels, Columbus E.A.
- Matthew DeMatteis, Dublin E.A.
- Angel Dyer-Sanchez, Columbus E.A.
- Dan Greenberg, Sylvania E.A.
- Melanie Hameed, Warren E.A.
- Becky Higgins; Chair, OEA President
- Lori Michalec, Tallmadge Teachers Assoc.
- Patty Nyquist, OEA Director, EPR & Member Advc.
- Cheryl Williams, Dublin Support Assn.
- Scott DiMauro, OEA Vice President
- Mark Hill, OEA Secretary-Treasurer
- Sheryl Mathis, OEA Executive Director
- Kristy Spires, Assist. Executive Director ‐ Business Services
Ohio Educational Foundation
OEA Awards Committee
225 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43216
Grant applications may be submitted using the new OEA online form tool or printed, and then mailed/emailed, to the address above.
Diversity Grants are to develop and pursue instructional programs or curriculum that promote an appreciation for diversity, equity, and respect for humankind within the classroom and educational environment.
Three grants, up to $3,000 each, will be awarded. Application deadline: Feb. 1, 2019.
The Whisper Grants provides direct assistance to improve a member’s learning environment or academic performance through meeting basic needs such as eyeglasses, hygiene items, repairs to a broken wheelchair, etc.
Applications are reviewed monthly with a $200 maximum and an annual funding of $5,000.
The Kids For Wish Kids® program fosters the value of community service by providing students with hands-on experience in helping to grant local wishes through school fundraising.
Note: If submitting an online application, it must be completed in a single session, as you will not be able to save and return to it at a later time.