2018-2019 OEA Award & Scholarship Recipients
(Pictured above, l-r) Mona Al-Hayani, Ohio Teacher of Year; Leila Kubesch, Media Award for Public Service; Andrea Beeman, ESP of the Year; Aisha Moore, Holloways Award; Rosemary Chewning, ESP Aspiring Teacher; April Archer Bailey, Marilyn Cross Scholarship; Marissa Platton, JFK Scholarship; and, Nicholas Crevda, Jean Kershaw Scholarship.
OEA is pleased to celebrate, honor, and reward the outstanding work of our members and local affiliates who have made special contributions to the improvement of public education.
The OEA will lead the way for continuous improvement of public education while advocating for members and the learners they serve.
- We recommend careful review of the eligibility guidelines as they vary by program type.
- All awards and scholarships will be presented during the OEA Spring Representative Assembly.
- The Committee reserves the right to present no award or to refer an applicant to another award or scholarship.
Additional OEA Awards & Grants
- One-Year Special Project
- Two-Year Special Project
- Effective Locals
- Release Time
- Diversity Program Funding Grant
- Innovation Program Funding Grant
- Whisper Fund Grants
- Make-A-Wish® / Adopt-A-Wish
P.O. Box 2550 | 225 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43216 | 43215
614-227-3078 or 800-282-1500 ext. 3078
Unless otherwise noted, applications (and forms) must be submitted by January 24, 2020. Click here to download a print-friendly summary of the many OEA Awards and Scholarship opportunities.