Disruptive or Violent Students

If you have a Concern with a Student

Emergency Removal

  1. You have the right to remove a disruptive student from the classroom.
  2. You have the right to impose necessary disciplinary action to students in keeping with Board policy.

Physical Assault Involving a Unit Member

  1. You have the right to defend yourself and/or obtain assistance.
  2. The principal should be immediately notified to call police, parents, and the Superintendent.
  3. You have the right to legal aid from the County Prosecutor’s Office.
  4. You need to be sure to document the entire incident in writing by including the date, time, witness (es) present, location; any events leading up to the assault, and specifically, what took place during the assault.

For Your Own Protection

You should immediately contact your Association President and the Superintendent, and file charges with the local police department